Arts and Actions
This group is a key part of what XR is – the performances, the colour, the ingenuity are all designed to spread the message and get more and more people involved with XR. In H&F we have had some fantastic achievements in the last year:
- A mass cycle ride to Hammersmith Town Hall to demand the council declared a Climate and Ecological Emergency
- An anti fast fashion event in Lyric Square in September, highlighting the environmental problems involved with fast fashion using 9 bathtubs (the amount of water needed to fill them is what is required to make 1 T-shirt)
- Taking place in the march on 25th October across London – dressed in funeral clothes, pulling one of the bath tubs
- The ongoing protests at McKinsey using a 2.5m high wooden Elephant to highlight ‘The Elephant in the Room’ of the denial of the Climate Emergency
- The creation of the Ostrich Garden in a space next to White City Tube station.
If you are creative or want to help out with one of the actions by being there, let us know and get involved.
October rebellion 2019
The creation of boats to represent the issues of flooding and forced migration due to the rising sea levels caused by climate change. Print making and sewing workshop at the October Rebellion 2019.
Photo credits to: Jonathon Vines. Sketch by Jonny Blackmore.