financial and legal information
Extinction Rebellion Hammersmith and Fulham has a written constitution outlining our objectives. We aim is to achieve the following three demands using non-violent direct action:
- Government must tell the truth by declaring a climate and ecological emergency, working with other institutions to communicate the urgency for change.
- Government must act now to halt biodiversity loss and reduce greenhouse gas emissions to net zero by 2025
- Government must create and be led by the decisions of a Citizens’ Assembly on Climate and Ecological justice.
The activities of the organisation shall be in line with its objectives. General activities may include the following:
- Communicating with the public and press
- Reaching out into our communities
- Conducting talks
- Arranging training courses
- Implementing processes, techniques and events to enable a regenerative culture
- Lobbying and advocating for our demands
- Managing our finances
Membership: There are no requirements to join our organisation. However, we ask that members organise and operate in accordance with our three demands (above) and out ten principles and values below (more details on these values can be found by following this link). Members may be asked to leave if they diverge from these.
- We have a shared vision of change
- We set our mission on what is necessary
- We need a regenerative culture
- We openly challenge ourselves and our toxic system
- We value reflecting and learning
- We welcome everyone and every part of everyone
- We actively mitigate for power
- We avoid blaming and shaming
- We are a non-violent network
- We are based on autonomy and decentralisation
The organisation uses a holocratic decision making process. We are organised into Working Groups which may contain further sub-groups. The Working Groups may expand or change; examples of the groups are:
- Arts and Actions
- Solutions (transport, waste, rewinding)
- Media and Messaging
Any money obtained by the organisation shall be used only for the organisation.
how we spend money and what we’ve spent it on
All the money we collect as Extinction Rebellion Hammersmith and Fulham is either as donations from individuals or from grants from XR Central or from Climate Action. We are extremely grateful to both organisations for their support.
We spend money furthering the aims laid out in our Constitution.
Where appropriate, each Working Group has a budget and budget holders. This should be more than 1 person. The Working Group will decide what it would like to do in the following 3 months and apply for a budget which will be approved by a simple majority of the Facilitators Group – depending on funds available. Many Working Groups do not need to have budgets, as expenses are very small and can be dealt with on an ad hoc basis.
Once the budget has been agreed the Budget Holders will approve individual expenses. This should happen in advance of money being spent. Any refunds will be processed by one of the signatories on the bank account.
The accounts for each budget will be kept up to date and publicly available.